- Taskaway operates a platform linking Buyers to Sellers. Services offered on Taskaway are fixed price, and the price is agreed on the App by the Buyer and Seller. Services delivered in these ways on Taskaway are collectively referred to in these terms as “Jobs”.Whether or not a Job is offered and/or accepted is entirely at the discretion of the Buyer/Seller. Taskaway has no control over this process. Services are provided by Sellers directly to Buyers, who determine the deliverables, price and all other requirements.
- The Seller must provide regular progress updates through the app and respond within one (1) working day to all messages from the Buyer.
- Sellers must deliver work within the delivery times defined and agreed with the buyer upfront. Sellers’ rankings will be penalised for late delivery.
- Sellers must fulfill their Jobs and Buyers agree to pay for work delivered. Users will be penalised for cancellations or refunds caused by them, without just reason. Sellers must provide, and be given the opportunity by the Buyer to provide, at least two further iterations on the work delivered if the Buyer is not initially satisfied.
- Once the Job has been completed the Seller will raise a request to receive payment. Sellers must not request payment upfront before work has been completed. Buyers must pay within the 7 day payment terms.
- All payments for work completed must go via Taskaway unless Taskaway has given its express written permission otherwise in relation to a specific payment or invoice; attempts to pay outside of Taskaway will lead to sanctions not limited to immediate account suspension. Users must immediately report to Taskaway any offers to pay outside of Taskaway made by their Buyer or Seller.
- Once the job is complete, Sellers are granted all rights for the receipt of agreed funds.
- For purposes of service messages, notices, offers and news about Taskaway, Users receive alerts on certain pages and emails to the email addresses associated with their accounts. Users can easily unsubscribe from any email notification using an unsubscription link found at the end of any email as well as their Settings page.
- User accounts
- Job delivery
- Leaving feedback
- Cancellations and refunds
- Taskaway fees
- General Terms of website use
- Privacy statement
- Governing law
2. User Accounts
- To use Taskaway, Users have to register for an account, provide accurate and complete information, and keep their account information updated. Both Buyers and Sellers undergo the same account registration process.
- Each account must be a personal account, but Users may trade as a sole trader, company or any other legal entity (whether incorporated or unincorporated).
- Users cannot register for more than one account.
- Taskaway reserve the right to restrict your access, temporarily or indefinitely block your account, stop any Jobs you have in progress, warn other Buyers and Sellers of your actions or issue you a warning if:
- a) you breach the letter or spirit of these terms and conditions or the referenced policies;
- b) we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us;
- c) we believe that your actions may cause any loss or liability to our Users or to us
- Users are solely responsible for any activity that occurs on their account, unless it is a result of actions beyond their control (such as hacking or if someone steals their password when they have taken reasonable steps to keep it secure). Users may never use another person’s user account or registration information for the Website.
You confirm that you are not economically barred/limited under sanctions rules of any country worldwide. If your circumstances change to be included in such lists, please cease using Taskaway immediately.
As per UK AML regulation, Taskaway is unable to support users from North Korea, Iran, Syria, Cuba, Sudan (Republic of Sudan or North Sudan), South Sudan (Republic of South Sudan) and Region of Crimea.
- Job delivery
- The Seller’s payment for jobs are agreed as fixed price:
- a) the Buyer agrees to pay the Seller based on deliverables. The Job will only be invoiced on full completion of all deliverables.
- The Buyer must provide their detailed requirements in the job so that the Seller can get started. These requirements should include (but not be limited to):
- a) timeframe for delivery of the Job or milestones;
- b) description of any subjective elements of the Job like aesthetics providing similar examples;
- c) breakdown of all expected deliverables;
- d) any other expectations for the work.
- Once job has been accepted by buyer the seller must:
- a) respond in the instant messenger within one (1) working day to confirm commencement of work. Failing to respond within one (1) working day may mean the Buyer requests and will be entitled to a refund in accordance with section 6.
- b) provide regular progress updates using the instant messenger and respond within one (1) working day to all instant messages from the Buyer;
- c) complete the Job, including handover of all deliverables in the job description, within the delivery timescales agreed with the Buyer,
- if missing a previously agreed deadline is unavoidable then the Seller must inform the Buyer immediately in the instant messenger and provide a revised delivery date.
- failing to deliver the work within agreed timescales, or repeatedly revising previously agreed deadlines, may mean the Buyer requests a cancellation of the Job and may be entitled to a full refund.
- late or non-delivery of a Job will negatively affect the Seller’s rankings on Taskaway.
- All direct communication between Buyer and Seller should go via the instant messenger to keep both parties protected in case of a Dispute.
- When the Job is completed, the goods receipt is triggered by the buyer, and an invoice is automatically raised. The buyer must then make payment.
- Both the buyer and seller should take pictures of before and after the job for evidence. Details on invoice:
- a) the fees charged in the Invoice should be as has been explicitly agreed upfront in the proposal. If requirements/ scope changes materially during a Job the buyer may need to raise a separate job to ensure that they pay the correct sum. This must be explicitly agreed in the Instant Messenger before any extra work is undertaken so that the Buyer/seller can confirm whether they wish to proceed with the additional scope for the extra cost;
- b) the Buyer must pay the Invoice within three (3) days of the work being completed and Invoice being raised;
- c) alternatively, if the Buyer does not agree that the Job has been completed then the Buyer can reject the Invoice. The Buyer must then provide the Seller with detailed feedback in the instant messenger on what work remains outstanding. The Seller must provide, and be given the chance to provide, at least two iterations of the deliverables based on detailed feedback from the Buyer;
- e) if the Buyer pays the invoice or funds are utilised in accordance with d) above, Taskaway and the Seller will be entitled to assume that the Buyer is satisfied with the Job and does not have a dispute of any kind in relation to the Job. The Buyer agrees that they will not file a dispute or seek to reverse payment through their credit card provider, bank or PayPal.
All Sellers on Taskaway must strive to deliver a high standard of work, appropriately meeting their Buyer’s needs.
Specifically, Sellers must ensure that all deliverables provided in a Job:
- a) are error free;
- b) fully address each of the Buyer’s defined requirements;
- c) are of a standard consistent with the level of expertise indicated in the Seller’s profile and the job proposal;
- d) are a complete set of deliverables as defined in the job description; and
- e) comply with any British regulations that are applicable for that type of work
3.3 The heavy but important bits:
- The Buyer and Seller determine the terms and conditions of the Job, including deliverables, price and any specific requirements, directly between them. The Buyer and Seller create a direct service contract between themselves and Taskaway is not party to that contract (‘the Service Contract’).
- You promise that:
- a) you are able to pay for the services if you are a Buyer and perform the services if you are a Seller;
- b) you are not in breach of any applicable laws, rules or regulations or obligations to any other person;
- c) you have made and will make all required legal and tax filings. If relevant, you will file all necessary legal documentation relating to your self-employment required by any governmental body, and pay all applicable taxes including without limitation PAYE or other income tax and national insurance;
- d) you shall not (and shall not permit) any third party to either take any action or upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content, Job, or proposal on or through the services Taskaway provide, including without limitation any User Content, that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty.
- Payments are made as described in Section 3, for a Job agreed by the Buyer as successfully completed. An invoice will be triggered automatically. The buyer then has 3 days to pay the invoice.
- Once Taskaway has received Payment from the Buyer, they will transfer the funds to the Seller within 3 working days, but reserve the right to take up to 10 days.
- Payments by Buyers are routinely checked by Taskaway for fraud prevention purposes, before any payments are released to the Seller. Taskaway aim to process these payments and credit funds to the Seller’s Taskaway Account within three (3) working days, however Taskaway reserve the right to take up to ten (10) working days.
- All payments between Buyer and Seller must be processed through TASKAWAY as described in Section 3, both for work sourced on Taskaway and for any follow on work between the Buyer and Seller, either for the same Job or another Job. A Seller may seek express written permission from Taskaway to allow payment by alternative means for a specific invoice or payment if the Seller intends to issue proceedings or pursue legal action against the Buyer.
- Payment (or attempt of) outside of Taskaway is a breach of these terms and conditions unless the prior express written consent of Taskaway has been obtained. Such payment (or attempt of) and will lead to temporary and/ or permanent suspension of the Buyer and/ or Seller’s account. The Seller will be liable for any loss of business and legal expenses that Taskaway may incur in recovering it. Taskaway reserve the right to sanction funds held in the Seller’s Account in order to recover lost fees. Moreover, Taskaway will not mediate any Disputes or be liable to either the Buyer or Seller’s loss of business as a result of violation of this clause. Users must report attempts or offers to make payment outside of Taskaway by their Buyer or Seller to Taskaway immediately.
- Payments are made to suppliers via Paypal. If a supplier does not have a Paypal account they can be paid via Bank transfer.
- For security reasons, Taskaway reserves the right to request additional information from Buyers and Sellers, including original documents, and to verify documents with issuing institutions. Therefore, we reserve the right to request the following proofs of identity:
– a copy of a Government issued ID (Passport, Driver’s License or National ID Card);
– a copy of a recent utility bill showing your name and address (less than 3 months old);
For credit/debit card users (one of the following):
– a copy of the front and back of the card used. For Security Compliance we recommend that you blank out the central 8 digits of the card number digits, and the last three digits from the number on the back;
– Credit or Debit Card Bank Statement of the card used on your Taskaway account (less than 3 months old). For Security Compliance you must blank out the central 8 digits of the card number digits;
For PayPal users:
– PayPal Account statement showing your PayPal registered name, email address and verification status along with any relevant transactions.
- For international Bank transfers, credit to the beneficiary may be delayed by factors such as local bank holidays, delays by an intermediary bank or other local conditions. Please note that some countries have been designated as “slow-to-pay” countries, and transfers made to those countries may take several days or even weeks in crediting the receiving account.
- If Taskaway has to return funds to the Buyer due to the Buyer (contrary to these Terms and Conditions) filing a dispute or requesting a payment be reversed through its credit card provider, bank or Paypal then Taskaway will be entitled to recover any such amount from the Seller’s Taskaway Account (and if insufficient monies are in the Seller’s Account), credit card or other previously made payment method if available. If Taskaway is unable to recover the amount returned to the Buyer from the Seller in full then the Seller agrees to pay to Taskaway any outstanding sums within 48 hours of Taskaway making a request.
- Taskaway uses third-party service providers including Adyen, Worldpay, Payoneer, Paypal and Skrill to process payments by Buyers and to transfer funds to Sellers. These third-party payment service providers are regulated and authorised to provide payment services in the countries where they operate. Taskaway may share your personal or transactional information with third-party payment service providers when it is necessary to process payments.
5. Leaving Feedback
- When the Job is completed and the Seller has been paid by the Buyer, both parties are asked to provide both qualitative feedback and a rating from 1-5 for the other party. This rating influences each User’s ranking on Taskaway.
- Both parties should complete the feedback honestly. Users must not falsify feedback, manipulate or coerce another User by threatening negative feedback or offer incentives in exchange for feedback. Any attempts of this nature should be reported immediately to Taskaway.
- Feedback comments that are reported to us as defamatory, abusive or offensive will be reviewed and may be removed at our discretion.
6. Cancellations and refunds
6.1 Cancellation of a Job
- After the Commencement of a Job, the Buyer or Seller may request a cancellation:
- a) the requestor must notify the other party of the cancellation by placing a message in the Application.
- b) if the Buyer fails to notify the Seller in the Application that they wish to cancel the Job and the Job is subsequently completed, the Buyer must pay for the service delivered in accordance with these terms and conditions and should not seek to file a dispute or reverse payment with their credit card provider, bank or PayPal.
- Once notified of a cancellation:
- a) the Seller should stop working on the Job immediately;
- b) the parties should agree in the Application what payment is necessary for any work completed. The Seller should request payment in accordance with Section 3 of these terms.
6.2 Refund and cancellation penalties
- Users are strictly discouraged from causing cancellations and refunds. Refunds will impact Users standing in the Taskaway marketplace as follows:
- a) where the Seller is at fault for the refund (for example, due to no response, poor quality of work or they have cancelled the Job), it will negatively impact their Seller status and rankings;
- b) where the Buyer is found to be the cause for the refund (for example, an early cancellation due to a change in their business need) it will negatively impact their Buyer status;
- c) multiple refunds attributed to a User will lead to temporary and/ or permanent restrictions on their account depending upon the severity.
- Taskaway will process approved (or non-actioned) refund requests back to the Buyer’s Taskaway Account subject to a review of the refund reason and circumstances to ensure that both parties have complied with these terms and conditions, and that the purpose of the refund is not to avoid any of the parties’ obligations under these terms and conditions. If Taskaway reasonably believes that the parties have not complied with these terms and conditions or are seeking to avoid any such obligations Taskaway shall not be obliged to make the refund.
- Taskaway encourage our Sellers and Buyers to try and resolve any disagreements between themselves. However should that not be possible Taskaway Customer Services can support Dispute resolution.
- A Dispute can be raised:
- a) by the Seller at anytime
- b) by the Buyer at any time
- To raise a dispute, the User is required to pay a non-refundable fee of £10
- Disputes are only available to Sellers that have qualified as Verified suppliers.
- If the amount disputed is £100 (or €130 or USD $160) or above, Taskaway may reach out to both parties in order to mediate and try and bring the Dispute to resolution.
- Taskaway will aim to make a resolution decision on behalf of both parties within seven (7) days. If a mutual resolution has already been agreed between both parties on the instant messenger, then the dispute will either be cancelled or resolved in line with the mutual agreement.
- In the event of having to make a resolution decision, Taskaway will use only the communication in the Taskaway Application as sole evidence, and consider:
- a) if both parties are acting in good faith and have tried to resolve the issue between themselves before contacting us, including at least a second attempt made between both parties to complete or rectify the Job;
- b) if the Job was delivered (or the milestone was met, if the Dispute is for a milestone payment) in accordance with the terms in Section 3;
- c) for Disputes concerning the quality of the work delivered: Taskaway will consider whether the Seller has met general quality standards as defined in Section 3. Assessments on quality i) down to perceived taste, or ii) requiring specialist technical or subject matter expertise, will not form part of the resolution decision;
- d) if the Buyer and Seller have complied with these terms and conditions.
In the event of having to make a resolution decision on behalf of the parties, Taskaway will notify both parties within fourteen (14) days of the Dispute. The disputed funds shall be dealt with in accordance with the resolution decision and these terms and conditions. Our involvement with the Dispute ends once the resolution in relation to the Dispute has been communicated
- Users agree and accept that any payments and/or other actions made by Taskaway in accordance with the resolution decision of a Dispute are made in good faith and Users shall have no cause of action against Taskaway (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) in respect of the resolution decision or any such actions or payments made pursuant to it. Users further agree and accept that they have no right to seek to hold Taskaway liable for a Buyer or Seller’s alleged actions or failures.
8. Taskaway Fees
8.1 Buyer Fees
- Taskaway charge 10% fee for all purchases on the application. This is to cover the admin costs and payment costs,
- We may make changes to our transaction fees from time to time. These changes will be reflected in updated terms issued by us, which will apply to any transactions which take place after the updated fees come into force.
8.2 Seller fees
- Taskaway charges a Service Feeof 10% (excl. VAT) on all work billed (earnings).
- The minimum Service Fee per invoice is £1 (excl. VAT).
- Taskaway will transfer funds to the seller up to 10 days after receipt of the funds from customer. This will be transferred via Paypal or Bank Transfer.
9. General terms of website use
The Taskaway terms of website use define how Users may make use of Taskaway whether as a guest or a registered user. They contain the heavy but important stuff so please read them carefully.
- Privacy Statement
- Governing Law
These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
In these terms and conditions:
‘Buyer’ means a person buying services from a Seller on Taskaway;
‘Commencement of the Job’ means the buyer accepts the proposal from the supplier
‘Content’ means such things as data, text, photographs, videos, audio clips, written posts and comments, graphics, User content and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through Taskaway;
‘Dispute’ means a dispute raised in relation to a rejected Invoice or a rejected Refund Request;
‘Invoice’ means a bill for a completed Job which is raised automatically once job is completed
‘Job’ means a piece of work that a Seller and Buyer agree via Taskaway is to be provided by the Seller to the Buyer. Job refers to work either agreed when a proposal by a Seller is accepted by the Buyer for a Job;.
‘Taskaway’ means the website with the domain name www.Taskaway.co.uk or the Taskaway IOS Application as the context so requires;
‘Proposal’ means an offer made by a Seller to a Buyer to provide a Custom Job and which must contain a fee quotation;
‘Seller’ means a person selling services to a Buyer via Taskaway;
‘User’ means any person who uses Taskaway;
‘User Content’ means all Content uploaded, submitted, distributed, or posted to the services by Users, including without limitation, proposals and communication via Taskaway applications. User Content does not include any materials or deliverables, or intellectual property therein arising from a Job, which shall be assigned to the Buyer on successful payment for the Job. User Content is the sole responsibility of the person who originated it;